This post will cover the initial installation of GitLab Community Edition, configuring Windows & Linux-based job runners and finally, using the built-in continuous integration feature of GitLab to automatically build your project. Sounds like a lot of work but you’d be surprised at how simple the entire process is.
Somehow, despite the eternal procrastination that re-writing one of my larger internal projects has become, I’ve finally managed to make some progress and replace my extremely inefficient method for acheiving ‘stream-proof’ visuals with something a lot easier to implement.
If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? Similarly, if we patch the memory of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive from kernel space, would that be considered an internal or external hack? Not sure. I know how to do it, though. Do you want to know?
This time we’re diving into the world of tool assisted speedrunning – also known as ‘TASing’. Simply put, the process of creating a speedrun using third-party tools. In this post, we’ll build the core recording & playback logic, add the ability to re-record and finally, replay the recording on a live server.
Welcome back to another instalment of the ‘alternative approaches’ series! This time we’re revisiting one of the fundamentals of internal game hacking on the Source Engine: the CreateInterface function, or more specifically, the underlying list of version strings and pointers that you should be using instead.
As I hastily hacked various code together to get Chameleon NG running on Linux I came across a signature scan that needed replacing. Before I knew it, the solution had gone from pretty bad, to decent, and finally, better than its Windows counterpart.
We're going to take a look at the ever so popular glow outline effect present in various Source games. This has well and truly been done to death but with the most prominent public code being horribly written and the users of it having no idea how it works I thought I'd simplify things and post my own take on it.
In this post I'll be covering some of my methods for debugging and testing internal Source projects. This is the first part where we'll mainly focus on setting up a dedicated game server for online testing. Later on we'll dive into the game libraries where I'll show you how to find various classes and pointers with gdb.
Making a graphical interface in-game from scratch has never interested me. I'm always a little surprised when people say writing the interface code is their favorite part. I'd rather use console commands, config files or straight up re-compile with different settings. Well.. that was true until I started using ImGui.
As promised, here's the first in a series of follow-up posts on my initial 'introduction to Source hacking' post. This time we'll be adding the crucial missing feature from our skin changer: the ability to set custom knives.